Essay about "Physics and Me"
HW #2 (Energy Units)
There are many different energy units: J, kcal, kWh, BTU, eV, nm, K, 1/cm. Examine their meanings and conversion relationships.
HW #3 (Krane)
HW #4 (Krane Chap.3)
1. Explain the Bohr's quantization rule with de Broglie's waves.
2. Explain Heisenberg uncertainty principle by using a wave picture of particles.
Find the ground-state energy and sketch the ground-state wavefunction of 1D Schrodinger equation for
1. the particle-in-a-box problems
2. the simple harmonic oscillator problems
1. Sketch radial and spherical wave functions of 1s, 2s, 2p, 3s, 3p, 3d orbitals.
2. Make cloud-like 3D wave finctions of 1s, 2s, 2p, 3s, 3p 3d orbitals.
1. Sketch molecular orbitals of N2 and O2 and mark their electron occupations.
2. Draw the Fermi-Dirac distribution ar zero and finite temperature.
1. Draw lattives of SC, BCC, FCC, HCP.
2. Draw (100), (110), (111) planes of SC.
1. Find the reciprocal lattice vectors of graphene.
2. Draw the first Brillouin zone of graphene.
1. Discuss about crystal field splitting of d orbitals for tetrahedral and octahedral symmetries.
2. Draw dispersion curves of acoustic and optical phonons.
1. Draw and explain phnon DOS's for Debye solid, Einstein solid, and real solid.
2. Derive the Hall coefficient.